Wave Alchemy sound designer Matt Urmenyi goes through techniques to synthesize drum sounds using a Korg MS-20 Mini in this 5 part video series.
The videos cover how to create kicks, snares, cymbals, toms and conga sounds using an analog synthesizer.
Along with the video series, Wave Alchemy has released 483 drum samples synthesized using the Korg MS-20 Mini that are free for download!
The pack includes 483 24-bit, 100% royalty-free drum hits arranged into 3 sections:
Processed Drum Section
- total of 268 processed drum and percussive hits each individually enhanced using hardware processors and sound shaping tools on a sound-by-sound basis
- 31 kick drums
- 69 snare drums
- 56 cymbals - closed hats, open hats, crash and ride cymbals
- 27 congas
- 32 toms
- 33 percussive sounds - rim shots, blocks, claves and cowbells
- 20 processed drum sounds
- gear list - Empirical Labs Fatso & Distressor, Elysia Xpressor, Thermionic Culture Vulture, A-Designs EM-PEQ, Spectra Sonics 610, API 512c, Valley People 610, SSL E-Series EQ & Compressor, Schippmann Ebbe und Flut
Unprocessed Drum Section
- 215 24-bit unprocessed drum and percussive hits
- includes raw and unprocessed recorded source samples direct from the Korg MS-20 Mini
- 8 ready to play kits
- software sampler formats
- Battery 3 - 8 kits
- Halion - 8 kits
- Kontakt - 8 kits
- NN-XT - 8 kits
- SFZ - 8 kits
Check out the official audio demo from the MS-20 Mini Drums sample pack:
In addition to the video tutorials and sample pack, Wave Alchemy has also released a PDF titled the MS-20 mini Drum Synthesis Guide that contains detailed information and patch sheets for 13 variations of drum sounds for each of the sounds covered in the video. To download the sample library and the MS-20 Drum Synthesis Guide visit the Wave Alchemy site.