WINTER SEMESTER BEGINS JANUARY 15 2018
DJ 301 covers the broader concepts of DJing. We will explore DJ philosophy and dance floor psychology & help you prep for actual live gigs. We'll teach you how to build your music library, discuss the business side of DJing & help you discover your style. There will also be plenty of time learning to play with other DJs. At the end of the course the students will record a 20 to 30 minute mix to help promote their future DJ careers.
6 classes (2 hours)
Instructor: DJ C-Sik
Who is this course for?
- Advanced DJ students who have completed our 101 and 201 courses.
What you will need
- Headphones and a notepad.
- DJ Workstations with iMacs, loaded with Serato, Serato hardware, Direct Drive Turntables and Mixer are provided for each student.
- Using good track selection to properly play any type of set time (warmup, peak, closing)
- How to read crowds and adjust music when your choices aren't working
- Recording your DJ sets using only Serato or Serato with Ableton (using Bridge)
- Building your music library
- Finding your DJ style
- How to play with other DJs
- Different Serato hardware setups including "2x4" setups
- Playing in Serato with MIDI controllers
- Introduction to concepts on how to get your first gig
Register for DJ 301
"This Course broke down the barriers and opened up my life to the world of DJing in a fun relaxed environment. I met some amazing new friends and I loved every minute of the course. It's an absolute must for anyone with an appreciation of the art and science of becoming a DJ" - Sammy (DJ 101 Student)
"Stop guessing and trying to catch up. The DJ 101 course is a great solid start in the right direction if you are serious about being a DJ." Jon - (DJ 101 Student)
"If you're a DJ that has been playing for 10 years like myself or even just starting ... This course is a must ... It will put your understanding of music on a whole new level." Jimmy (DJ 101 Student)
"This course is great whether you are looking to make a career out of DJ'ing or if it is just a hobby for you. You gain a great amount of knowledge and understanding about DJ'ing." John (DJ 101 Student)
"Great, course. Instructors made it a fun and enjoyable learning atmosphere with many different styles and types of djing equipment. . Lots of hands on but still learnt all the fundamentals." Roobs (DJ 101 Student)
"Dj 101 will give you the tools from start to finish. From learning any equipment to thoroughly answering your most difficult questions." Jen (DJ 101 Student)
** Please note there will be absolutely no refunds after the first class has taken place.
** You may be offered a credit if you cancel your registration within 2 weeks before the first class takes place.
*** If you miss a class you may book a private lesson with the instructor (private lesson fee applies)