WINTER SEMESTER Begins JANUARY 15
Learn the basics of keyboard technique, chord voicings and scales. From creating baseline and melodies to chord progressions and inversions. This course is geared toward producers with little to no knowledge of keyboard theory and is a great companion to our Music Fundamental Course.
12 classes (2 hours)
Instructor: Brandon Smith
Who is this course for?
- Producers who have always wanted to play keyboards and have a working knowledge of basic keyboard technique.
- Producers who want to understand notes, scales, chords, modern chord progressions.
- Producers who want to understand the musical and technical aspects of playing a keyboard.
- Producers who have limited to no experience with playing keyboard.
- Producers who desire to play and record the music they hear.
- Producers who would like to be challenged weekly with drills and practice plans.
What you will need
- Headphones and a notepad.
- We have iMacs with with Ableton 9 Suite installed & midi controller keyboards
- You can purchase Live 9 Suite at Educational pricing through us HERE.
- Prior musical experience or knowledge of Live is not required.
Upon finishing the class
Students will have a foundation of basic keyboard theory and technique as well as be able to understand how play basic chords, scales and modern chord progressions. They will know how to listen to music for progressions and intervals and then be able to play them. Students will begin to understand how to get the music they are hearing in their head out onto the keyboard / digital canvas.
- Geography of the keyboard
- Posture, position and personal preference
- Basic Ear Training and Relative Pitch
- Modern Music Deconstruction
- Intervals, Scales and Modes
- Chord voicing and formulas
- Chord Inversions and Arpeggios
- Practice plans and excercises
Register for Keyboard FUNDAMENTALS
PLEASE NOTE "**" DENOTES A CONDENSED COURSE. SUMMER PRODUCTION COURSES ARE 6 WEEKS LONG WITH 2 HOUR CLASSES TAKING PLACE TWICE PER WEEK. THESE CONDENSED SUMMER COURSES FOLLOW THE SAME CURRICULUM AS OUR FALL AND WINTER COURSES.
4 payments of $380
Total Cost: $1,517
- First payment at time of registration
- Second payment on the first of each following month
Payment Plan includes a 10% administration fee.