Mixing & Mastering - online
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Producers looking to make their tracks sound like label releases.
- Producers looking to understand key sculpting tools like EQ, Compression and Reverb.
- Producers who are interested in learning the basics of Mastering and how to make their songs sound loud but still retain dynamics.
- Producers who desire to learn how to use professional mixing plugins and understand workflow and process.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Headphones / Studio Monitors
- Personal Computer or Mac
- Ableton Live 9 Suite (purchase a discounted EDU version from Beat Drop)
- MIDI controller
- Prior musical experience or knowledge of Live is not required
HOW IT WORKS
- Every week we unlock a new lesson including, videos, project files, worksheets, samples and assignments
- The instructor will provide 1-on-1 video feedback on assignments every second week
- During the course you will have six 15 minute 1-on-1 video chats with your instructor
- Group chats will be held every second week to ask specific questions and go over assignments
- You can network and collaborate with your classmates on a daily basis in our private online classroom
- You will have lifetime access to this course's resources and 12 week's of access to the instructor.
HOW MUCH TIME A WEEK SHOULD I BUDGET?
- Each lesson will contain 30 minutes to 1.5 hours of video lectures. You can review whenever you wish and as often as you want.
- Assignments will take between 15 minutes to 1.5 hours. Submission of assignments is optional however, for every assignment you submit you will receive personalized video feedback on your assignment.
- Each week there is either a group online chat (1 hour) or 1on1 chat (15 minute) with your instructor.
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO THIS COURSE?
- You will have 12 weeks with access to the instructor
- You will have lifetime access to the online videos and resources.
- Equalization and Frequencies
- Dynamics and Compression
- Effects and the Stereo Field
- Reverb and space
- Distortion and Saturation
- Metering and Referencing
- Output and Codecs
- Izotope Ozone 7 and Neutron