Ableton Push Core I Online - Full Payment
Ableton Push Core I Online - Full Payment
Who is this course for?
- Push users who are looking to get more out of their Push instrument
- Producers brand new to Push
What you will need
- Ableton Live 9.5 Suite (purchase the EDU version and save up to $300)
- Ableton Push 2 (Push 1 users are welcome however the course is focussed on Push 2 and Push 1 users will not be able to follow along on some lessons, ie: Sampling Workflow).
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU IF:
- You are looking for weekly guidance and the ability to ask questions and get feedback on your production
- You want more than just a manual
- You want weekly assignments and exercises
- You want workflow advice and ideas
- You own a Push and want to learn production techniques
- You own a Push and want to learn arranging and mixing techniques
This course is NOT for you if:
- You do not understand basic Ableton concepts
- You do not own a Push
i own a push 1, can i take this course?
This course is taught with a Push 2. Many of the concepts will apply to Push 1 owners, however the lesson on Sampling will be specific to Push 2 owners. 75% of the lessons will apply to Push 1 owners.
HOW MUCH TIME A WEEK SHOULD I BUDGET?
- Each lesson will be about 30min - 1hour to go through. Some students watch it 2-3 times.
- You are then given an assignment which could take you any where from 15min - 1.5 hours depending on how deep you. Assignments are optional however are recommended as you will receive 1on1 video feedback from your instructor.
- Each week there is either a group online chat (1 hour Skype) or 1on1 chat (15min Skype) with your instructor.
- You are encouraged to spend 10minutes a day on Melodics (drum pad practice app).
HOW IT WORKS
- Every Saturday at 2pm MT we unlock a new lesson, live packs, samples and assignments through the online Beat Drop classroom.
- If you would like feedback you send your week's assignment to your instructor for 1on1 video feedback.
- Every week you will have either a 1on1 virtual call or a real time class chat and review the week's lessons and answer any questions you might have.
- Group Calls are on Saturday's at 12:00pm MT (Calgary AB Canada). Check your Time Zone.
- 1on1 calls are Tuesday's or Saturday's at a time you schedule with the instructor.
- You can network and collaborate with your class on a daily basis on our private online classroom.
- You will receive a 2 month membership to Melodics. Melodics is an app that is incorporated into your weekly lesson's to help you get better at pad drumming, faster.
- You will have 3 month's to access the videos and lessons.
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO THIS COURSE?
- You will have 6 week access to the instructor
- You will have a LIFETIME access to the online lessons
- Browsing and loading sounds
- Programming beats
- Recording Audio with the Push
- Pad Drumming and Cue Point Drumming
- Recording drums in real time
- Step sequencing drums and melodic elements
- Making your drums groove
- Understanding notes and scales
- Creating chords and arpeggios
- Sampling with the Push
- Synthesis with the Push
- Controlling the mixer
- Controlling Live devices
- Performing Live with Push
- Arranging and Song structure
- 64 pad drumming and sound design
- Browsing and loading third-party plugins
Lesson 1 - Beat Production
- Finger/Pad Drumming
- Step Sequencing
- Hybrid Programming
- Pad Drumming and Melodics
Lesson 2 - Sampling Workflow
- Creating a Loop
- Sampling from Vinyl
- Sampling Drums
- Sampling from your computer
- Creating an instrument from Samples
Lesson 3 - Notes, Scales and Chords
- Isomorphic Keyboard Layout
- Finger positions and techniques
- Chord Progressions
- Melodic Step Sequencer
Lesson 4 - Recording Audio
- Recording with a Foot Pedal
- Recording Guitar
- Third Party Plugins
- Recording Bass
- Loop and Fixed Length Recording
- Controlling a Hardware Synth
Lesson 5 - Arranging and Mixing
- Macro Arranging on the Push
- Organizing and Preparing Clips
- Creating New Scenes
- Recording into Arrangement View
- Mixing Techniques and Pre Mixing on the Push
- EQ and Compression
- Gain Staging
Lesson 6 - Live Performance
- Integration with other Midi Controllers
- Live Template setup
- Using hardware (drum machines and synths)
- Creating a Selector Kit (128 Drum Rack) for the Push
- Push Secrets and Shortcuts
- Stank Pack - Funk Sample Pack - Walkthru and Demo
What People are Saying about the Course
As someone who had the Push 2 for a few months and was getting pretty good at it on my own, this course was the perfect next step to progressing my skills. It filled in a lot of gaps in my learning and demystified some of the cooler things the Push and Ableton can do. The videos are really well produced and the live interactions with Mitch were awesome and incredibly valuable. I highly recommend this course to beginner and intermediate Push 2 users! - Jarrod Lentz
This course provided several "a ha" moments with the push and music production in general, allowing me to break through some learning barriers that have prevented me in the past from being a true artist/producer. Thanks to the Push 2 and this course, producing music is fun again. -Neil Feldman
"This is absolutely THE course to take on the Ableton Push. Extremely detailed, streamlined and designed for anyone, whether your a complete beginner (like I was) to a more seasoned Push player. I learned everything from drum-programming, step-sequencing, how to sample vinyl's and mp3's, to chord progressions and how to arrange and mix my tracks. So worth the money and the time, and I'm not sure where I'd be without this amazing intro course!" - Anthony Scarpulla
"Very helpful in quickly increasing my comfort with producing on Push 2. I picked up quite a few tricks and techniques that I will be using for years to come. Easy to follow and with direct access to the instructor, this was definitely a good bang for the buck." - Jonathan van Clute (AKA vanKloot)
"This course is not just another online course. The lessons focus on giving you insight into the many creative "possibilities" Push 2 offers, rather than boring you with unwanted details. The visual elements allow you to observe, recall, and apply the information at your own learning pace." - Sammy Golum
"This course really helped me master the Push 2 over a short period of time. The Melodics training was a strong complement to the Beat Drop program. I chose this course because I had seen Mitch Lee on YouTube and liked his teaching style; he's been the same and more during the Core 1 session. This was a very positive experience to me. Thanks!" - Vincent Lajoie