Remixing for DJs
Fall SEMESTER REGISTRATION Ends Sept 03
Learn to create your own mixes, remixes, mashups and mix tapes in Ableton Live.
This is an intermediate course, we require you to have taken our Ableton Live Quick Start course, or our Ableton Live Core 1 course to register for this class. If you have not taken either of these courses but believe you are proficient enough in Ableton, and would like take this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
6 classes (2 hours)
Instructor: Dan Murray
Who is this course for?
- DJs looking to create their own remixes to play out
- DJs looking to take acapella's and mixing and editing them with their own drums or instrumentals
- DJs looking to learn how to record their own mix tapes
- DJs looking to learn to edit and chop loops and ideas and create custom sections and instrumentals.
- Ableton Live Core I or Ableton Live Quick Start
What you will need
- We have iMacs with midi controllers, loaded with Ableton 9 Suite
- You can purchase LIve 9 Suite through us at Educational pricing. HERE.
- Prior musical experience or knowledge of Live is not required.
Upon finishing the class
Through hands-on exercises, students learn Live’s various panes, effects and mixing facilities. By the end of the course, students will be ready to showcase a fully finished track for their peers. Because of the small class size and open learning environment, each student receives ample personal attention and comes away with a working knowledge of this ingenious program.
- Editing and Automation in Ableton's Arrangement View
- Advanced Warping Techniques
- Warping Acapellas
- Drum Racks and Beat Slicing
- Signal Processing and Audio Effects
- Working with Stems and Collaboration Workflow
Why Ableton Live?
Nothing touches it for simplicity, creativity and spontaneity. It is the goto music production software for remixing, warping and music creation. From recording and producing to playing live with, Live's unique features sets it apart from the competition. For more videos on Ableton Live check out Ableton.