Fall SEMESTER REGISTRATION Ends Sept 03
Creating your own unique sound is extremely important today to make you stand out from all the "noise". Learn the tools and processes to create the sounds (synths, basses, drums, ambiences, hits, risers etc) that will give your music emotion, impact and set you apart from the masses.
12 classes (2 hours)
Instructor: Brandon Smith
Who is this course for?
- Producers and DJ's looking to create unique and custom sounds.
- Producers and DJ's looking to set themselves apart from other artists.
- Producers and DJ's who want to develop the craft of sound manipulation and creation.
- Producers and DJ's interested in sculpting their own drum kits, synths and sonic palette.
What you will need
- Headphones and a notepad.
- iMacs with midi controllers, loaded with Ableton 9 Suite, and Izotope plugins provided
- You can purchase LIve 9 Suite through us at Educational pricing. HERE.
Upon finishing the class
Students will understand how to create unique drum kits, synth patches, sound fx and atmospheric sounds that they can use in their music, film, installation or visual performance projects.
- Synth manipulation and creation with NI's Massive and Lennar DIgital's Sylenth
- Recording and creating your own sample library with Ableton's Sampler
- Creating Live Packs In Ableton Live
- Field Recording Techniques and Workflow
- Effects and Processing
- Introduction to Max 4 Live
- Creating emotion with your sound design
- Integrating your library into your Ableton workflow